Monday, February 27, 2012

Feb 2 - A Riddle

For 2.2.12 I sent this:

A Riddle – by dawn
I’m not an amphibian
So warm is my blood;
I sleep when it’s cold
But it’s not in the mud.

I'll look for sunshine
You write the log;
Can you guess who I am?
You can rhyme me with "frog."

Who am I? and What day is today?


To see the answer highlight from one asterisk to the other below and change the font color if necessary.


Leapin Lizards – February is also National Pull Your Sofa Off the Wall Month!  Tomorrow is Wear Red Day and also Bubblegum Day!

*Today is Hedgehog Day!
Long before the advent of Groundhog Day on February 2nd, the Romans observed a similar event thousands of years ago on the exact same day. Rather than use the North American groundhog, the Romans used the hedgehog. The only difference between this ancient event and the present day version (aside from the hedgehog, of course) is the fact that the Romans would look to see if the hedgehog saw its shadow under a clear moon at night. Here in North America, where we have no indigenous species of hedgehog, we replaced the hedgehog with the native groundhog and to this day “Punxsutawney Phil” and “Wiarton Willie” battle it out to see who is the better weather forecaster.*

No comments:

Post a Comment